Infantino Recalls to Replace SlingRider Baby Slings; Three Infant Deaths Reported

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada (HC), in cooperation with Infantino LLC, of San Diego, Calif. are announcing a free replacement program for the Infantino “SlingRider” and “Wendy Bellissimo” infant slings. One million of these infant slings are being recalled in the United States and 15,000 are being recalled in Canada. CPSC advises consumers to immediately stop using these slings for infants younger than four months of age due to a risk of suffocation and contact Infantino for a free replacement product.

Read the full press release from the CPSC here.

I am a huge proponent of babywearing — a carried baby is a happy baby, after all. I have seen these SlingRider slings in action and was appalled at how far a baby can fall into them. I am glad to see that they’ve been taken off the market. My only hope is that this recall will not scare folks away from babywearing.

Comments

1. says

Found you on the mom bloggers club (not sure how to ‘follow’ you)- – - but I totally agree. I used a moby wrap with my son and LOVED IT- if I could only find where I put it last i’d still be using it and he’s 13 months! I think they are amazing and comforting (to us both) and allowed me to be hands free when I needed it most.
    I also thought that particular design was ‘odd’ and glad it was recalled!

• says

Babywearing, I love it! Moby wrap was my favorite early wrap, so snuggly!

If you’d like to follow me, you can click on the Google Friend Connect widget on the left sidebar :) Thanks for dropping by!

2. says

I also thought that particular design was ‘odd’ and glad it was recalled!

• says

Babywearing, I love it! Moby wrap was my favorite early wrap, so snuggly!

3. says

Wow, that’s scary! I used the Baby Bjorn and the Moby Wrap with my two…

Thanks for the follow… I want to follow you back, but can’t see your GFC. I see an “Add Me,” but there’s just a blank box underneath it and it’s not clickable. :(

4. says

Wow, that’s scary! I used the Baby Bjorn and the Moby Wrap with my two…